Saturday, January 19, 2013

Organization is Key



It really is. This right here -------------------> ORGANIZATION, is fundamental to being successful in the classroom.  I remember when I first started my journey to becoming a teacher I would sit in class and also in professional development and morph into a scene from “Peanuts.”  I literally would be like Charlie Brown hearing the “WAH wa Wah,” when instructors would get on their organization in the classroom soapbox.  I completely comprehend why they continued to get on this soapbox now that I am a teacher; organization really is key.  As teachers there is so much we do daily that if you are not organized it is easy to fall behind and interrupt classroom structure.  Recently I was wondering if I would ever have a weekend to myself. Grant it, I am off on Saturdays & Sundays therefore I am not getting paid.  However, I find myself working six to eight hours each day.  I made a promise to find a way to free my weekend of planning, so right before Christmas break I went to bed many nights after 12am creating my lesson plans for the first two weeks in January.  I also printed out material, purchased material, etc, that my students an I would need for each day.  I am the teacher who leaves with the janitors so I deserve my weekends to myself! 
                              
                       I keep material for the current week in the file organizer pocket chart below.
    

I keep material for the following week in the folders below.


1 comment: