Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Fun Creative Way for Students to Assess Themselves and Their Peers!



I found this great tool to assist my students in assessing themselves on pinterest.  I have this assessment chart displayed on a bulletin board in my classroom. I also created a miniature version and provided one to each of my students.  During or after a lesson my students discuss what they assessed themselves as and why; they also receive feedback from peers (do they agree disagree and why, and they offer suggestions and encouragement to their classmate).  This tool has been really fundamental in getting my students involved in the improvement of their learning and providing a format for them to monitor their learning progress as well.  


Bulletin Board Display of Self Assessment!


 Miniature Self Assessment copy for Students! 

1 comment: